NPORS Telehandler Operation
Telescopic Forklift Rough Terrain
NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) is an HSE approved course and assessment suitable for experienced operators who require an operator’s card. The intention of the course is to provide candidates with the basic awareness and practical skills in order to operate a telescopic forklift to the NPORS standard
All successful candidates will receive an NPORS nard.
The course duration is one day for a maximum of three delegates.
Previous experience is essential.
• An introduction to the construction industry
• Current relevant regulations
• Introduction to machine
• Pre-shift inspections
• Controls and instruments
• Components and main types of lift trucks
• Re-fuelling systems
• Coolant, fuel and lubricant systems
• Emergency controls, manoeuvring over uneven ground
• Operator’s safety code
• Handling loaded/unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
• Loading and unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights
• NPORS assessment, which includes theory and practical elements