Cable Avoidance Tools CAT & GENNY
Understand the reasons for using locators and the health and safety legislation as described in HSE publication Avoiding Danger from Underground Services HSG47.
To understand site plans, hazard avoidance, safe systems of work and digging practices. Candidates will the shown pre-use equipment tests, maintenance procedures and operation techniques.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate.
This is a half-day course (3.5 hours) for a maximum of eight delegates.
- Theory of electromagnetic location – benefits and limitations
- Introduction to the Radiodetection CAT and Genny signal generator
- Practical training using CAT and Genny equipment, sondes and accessories
- Equipment care, maintenance and test procedures
- Review, applications, question and answers
- Issue of support materials
- Non-accredited course